A Step in the Right Direction

A Step in the Right Direction

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The House Speaker Has Spoken!

Former Republican Majority Leader Tom DeLay hammered through a samba with partner Cheryl Burke during Monday's episode of Dancing With the Stars, despite stress fractures on both of his feet. Producers and doctors also advised him to withdraw from the competition. But Tuesday, DeLay's "touch and go" participation officially became go.According to Marc Malkin's blog on E!: Tom DeLay is saying good-bye to Dancing With the Stars. I just got word that the former Republican congressman will announce on tonight's results show that his injuries have left him no choice but to drop out of the competition.With stress fractures in both of his feet, the 62-year-old Texan performed the samba last night against the advice of his doctors and DWTS producers. DeLay started feeling pain before the season even premiered...Just days after he began training with Cheryl Burke, he was off to see a doctor.

"They put me in Latin shoes with high heels, and my toes almost fell off the first week," DeLay told me at the time. "So I went to a podiatrist, and I got a little problem with my feet. A cortisone shot cured me up."

Don't let stress fractures (or any other foot problem) get you down! Call Dr. Vail today to help you relieve your foot and ankle pain! 419-423-1888

No comments:

Post a Comment